Sunday, February 11, 2018

Sympathy card

Hello bloggers!  I'm stopping by tonight very quickly to share a sympathy card I made for a friend who lost her mother and sister-in-law on the same day.

I have had this Darice embossing folder for a little while, and this was the perfect chance to use it.  Before I embossed the paper, I blended Distress Oxides in Cracked Pistachio, Broken China, and Peacock Feathers on Bristol Smooth card stock.  I found a gold leaf pen in my drawer, so I went around the edge of the panel with it.  The sentiment is embossed with Recollections gold embossing powder, which I thought matched that gold leaf pen pretty well.  I have to say, this is the first time I have dared tried blending these inks on Bristol Smooth, and I am in love!  It looks gorgeous...I can't wait to do it again!  :)

Challenges:

Mix It Up MIUCB #10:  ATG or optional CAS twist
Crafting by Designs:  February ATG
Crafty Gals Corner #158:  ATG (2nd entry)
Crafty Creations #359:  ATG (2nd entry)

Thanks for stopping by this evening, and take care!

God Bless,

~Marie~



8 comments:

  1. Oh my word Marie! How much tragedy can one family take!!! So sorry about your friend's loss. This is such a lovely sympathy card. Fantastic embossing folder (I'm going to go looking for it) and such great job with the Distress Oxides! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenges
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry o hear about your friends lose! Very nice background effect! Thanks for sharing it with us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends!
    Sandy DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty card! Great background! So sorry for your friend's losses. Thanks for joining our challenge at Crafty Gals Corner!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card ! Love the colours .
    Sorry for your friends loss . Sending prayers .
    Thank you for joining it’s my Digi Choosday Challenge Wk 6
    Hugs Rose DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sad time for your friend, but what a beautiful card for her. Thanks for taking the time to join in the fun with us at Digi Choosday Challenge, good luck! Yvonne (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous work! I love your background!Thanks for joining our challenge at Polkadoodes, good luck, hugs Sabrina DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. So very sorry for your friend
    Thank you for joining in with our Anything Goes Challenge at Polkadoodles
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome project with amazing detail! Thanks so much for sharing with us in the Love To Craft Challenge Blog's "February Anything Goes" challenge!
    Hugs,
    Leslie, LTCCB DT
    Love To Scrap 2
    Love To Scrap!

    ReplyDelete

ABC CHRISTMAS -- E IS FOR EMBOSSING, F IS FOR FAUX, G IS FOR GINGERBREAD

 Hello crafty friends!  I'm dropping by really quickly to share what I created for this month's ABC Christmas challenge , which is ...